In the 1970s, German VITA company invented In-Ceram technology, which greatly improved the strength of all ceramic crowns. This technology was quickly applied to clinical practice. The lifelike aesthetic effect of all ceramic crowns shocked dentists, and even dentists could hardly tell which was a false tooth.
With the development of material science and computer technology, CAD/CAM digital technology has been applied to the fabrication of dentures. Zirconia computer all ceramic teeth have become the best choice for denture technology.
So what is zirconia all ceramic tooth?
Zirconium dioxide all ceramic teeth are made of zirconium dioxide as the most raw material, and processed by manual polishing or digital technology. The dentures with high biological fusion and high simulation are obtained. Zirconia all ceramic teeth can be in the form of crowns, bridges, etc；The current mainstream technology is digital CAD/CAM processing technology.
So what is the CAD/CAM processing technology of dentures?
The processing of digital zirconia dentures is as follows:
- Modeling the tooth model people need through 3D scanning technology
- Use CAD software to design the model
- Processing by CNC dental milling machine after typesetting by CAM software
- Crystallization through sintering furnace
Finally, the perfect zirconia all ceramic denture can be obtained through the later beautification treatment (polishing, glazing, etc.). The digital zirconia denture is closely combined with the natural teeth because of its high processing accuracy. No bacteria will breed in the crevices.
Advantages of zirconia all ceramic teeth:
- The gingival edge is closely connected, making it more comfortable for the patient to wear, and it feels like it grows out of the gingiva
- Permeability matching with real teeth, natural color transition, difficult to distinguish from real teeth
- It has compressive strength comparable to that of porcelain fused to metal teeth, so there is no need to worry about cracking
- Zirconium dioxide is an excellent high-tech biomaterial with good biocompatibility and superior performance to various metal alloys
- There are fewer molars, and they retain their own tooth tissues to a greater extent
- The X-ray, CT and MRI are not affected and need not be removed, saving a lot of trouble
Repair indications include:
- Repair discolored teeth (including moderate and severe tetracycline teeth and dead pulp discolored teeth);
- Repair tooth defects;
- Repair enamel hypoplasia;
- Repair dentition defect;
- Restore the contact point or occlusion relationship;
- Repair deformed teeth and dislocated teeth;
- Close the tooth space;
- Planting repair, etc
Precautions for using zirconia all ceramic teeth:
After the restoration of all ceramic teeth, try to avoid cutting and biting hard food to prevent damage to the restoration; And should do a good job of daily self cleaning, such as cleaning with dental floss, to prevent gingival inflammation; They should also seek medical attention regularly.